Terms and conditions
By registering as a participant in a conference or event organised by WomenBeing you accept the terms and conditions stated thereafter.
The organizer has the right to use photos and videos taken during the event publicly for different marketing and promotion purposes e.g. website. The organizer has the right to publish the list of participants containing participant name and organization.
Terms of payment
All fees should be paid in advance in EUROs or GBP (depending on the country where the conference takes place). Cheques will NOT be accepted. The conference fee includes:
- Access to all sessions (oral and poster)
- Merchandising of the conference*
- Programme of the conference
- Certificate of participation
* except for delegates with non-presenting fees.
The registration fee does not cover flights to the city where the conferences are held, travel and/or health insurance or accommodation. Travel insurance is recommended by the organizers.
Method of payment
- Please follow the payment instructions send by you by the organising committee.
a) If a delegate is unable to attend an event for any reason they may be substituted, by arrangement with WomenBeing, by someone else from the same organisation.
b)If a delegate is unable to attend, if the conference organisers are informed by email by the deadline for payment displayed on the website of the event, a delegate can keep the payment towards the same event or another conference organised by WomenBeing that takes place in the 12 months following the originally booked event. The paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference.
c) When the delegate is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid in excess of GBP200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings and electronic certificate.
- Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of GBP 50 per participant registered.
- Conference proceedings and certificates for registered participants who are for whatever reason unable to attend will be e-mail to the delegates if the fee has been paid.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be sent to WomenBeing by e-mail no more than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts* for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will not be eligible for refund.
* Saturday and Sunday do not count as working days.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the programme, tours, and limit the participation if necessary. The organizers cannot be held responsible for any last-minute changes to the programme, tours or accommodation. Please note that for organizational reasons, refunds will be made after the conference.
If you have any questions, please contact:
WomenBeing Project CIC
Name: Monica Martins
Visas, Invitations and Insurance
Each country has their own VISA requirements. The conference organizer is prepared to send official invitations to the delegates to be attached with the visa application. (Please note! the invitation will only be sent after the payment for the registration fees have been received in full by the organizers). The handling time of the application may take up to two months. Please note that a health insurance must be valid and cover any hospital and medical expenses. All participants are requested to make their own arrangements concerning insurance.
Accepting these terms and conditions is mandatory for participating in conferences or events organised by WomenBeing. If you do not accept these terms, but still wish to participate in our conferences, please contact our CEO and Conference Manager, Ms. Monica Martins (firstname.lastname@example.org)